In this week’s Optimistic Gardener, I’m signing off for the 2020 Victory Garden season and sharing tips for getting your fall and winter garden prepped. We cover annuals, perennials, bulbs, trees and shrubs, vegetables, herbs, mulch, grass, and houseplants. Shazam! It’s a lot.
Because the article was lengthy, I didn’t include any links for more information–so here you go.
- NC Cooperative Extension | Chatham Co.: Plant a fall garden
- NC Cooperative Extension | Chatham Co.: Tips for establishing fall vegetables
- NCSU Extension: General pruning techniques
- NCSU Extension: How to prune specific plants
- NCSU Extension: Pruning trees and shrubs – before the cut
- NCSU Extension: Lawns
- NCSU Extension: Preparing landscapes for snow & ice
- Country Farm & Home
- Chatham News & Record: Fall garden prep